Finally, I am getting to respond to getting “tagged” by one of my favorite Etsy artisans, CelesteFrittata! If you are a fan of goregous typography, fine craftsmanship and unique wrappings, you will also love her! Check out her beautiful Bottega on Etsy
and her blog
full of cool finds, interviews and techniques!
Here are the official tagging rules!:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So, 7 random, weird facts (I don’t think you know what you are in for!):
1. I love movies made prior to 1950 – I adore silent films or very, very early talkies, where the dialogue is all crackly. “M” with Peter Lorre, Bringing Up Baby with Katherine Hepburn and the Maltese Falcon with Humphrey Bogart are my favorites!
2. When I was 14, I was an apprentice at a musical instrument repair shop – I worked on stringed instruments like violins, violas, cellos and guitars.
3. Ever since I was 5 or so and saw David Bowie in the Labyrinth movie, I have had a crush on him. I watched it at my neighbor’s house and I can remember immediately falling for him. Shhhh! That’s a secret!!!
4. I write down my dreams and try to figure out what they mean.
5. Initially I went to university for a concentration in Illustration (I wanted to write and illustrate children’s books), but I came out with metal/jewelry arts instead! (But, I have a children’s book in the works that I hope to get published for my nephew and niece!)
6. I love unusual names – my pets get the brunt of this. My cat is named Evelyn Camille Manchester III, while my two Lionhead Rabbits are named Artemesia and Lalique.
7. The studio that I make my work in is a carriage house / stable from the early 1800’s and is said to be haunted by a ghost horse named Red Boy. Often the clicking and thumping from the hot water pipes sounds like a horse kicking the walls of his stall or stamping his hooves impatiently!
And now my choices, I’ll tag some people who I really admire: